Thursday 18 December 2008

Introducing myself

Hello, my name is David Perfors. since summer 2007 I am a graduated programmer.

For one year I have worked for a Christian radio broadcaster as a programmer. We were using Delphi and I developed a system to monitor the state of the play-out system. The play-out system is a network of computers that play radio programs on a specific time. Beside computers there were other devices as well that needed to be monitored.

Currently I am working for a software firm using C# .NET and Java. As a personal training project I wanted to rewrite the monitoring system using different techniques I am learning now.

Some techniques are:

  • Domain Driven Design (I was already using this, but I did not make use of all the possibilities)

  • Test Driven Development

  • NHibernate

  • .NET / Mono

Well, the last two are not really techniques but frameworks, but I need to learn how to use them ;)

One of the reasons I start blogging is to write down my findings and experiences. But I will probably not blog only about programming/development, but also about other things I like to do. I am a great fan of Linux and Unix and I like to investigate applications and projects that run on it (like Asterix, mutt and Nagios). Photography is a hobby that I started this year, and I just want to share some of the pictures I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.